All 44 art Reviews

Dia de los muertos girl Dia de los muertos girl

took me about 8 hours total. thanks guys i appreciate it :)

rainbow hair rainbow hair

beast!!!

10 out of 10 like what you did with the colors. it makes it stand out way cool.

Red Cliffside Red Cliffside

like the brightness of it!!!!

keep up the good work

TheRealFroman responds:

Thanks dude!

Still Life of Boiled Eggs Still Life of Boiled Eggs

hmmmmmmmm

id say your best work on newgrounds.
i dont see how people can be so critical about my art when theres isnt as nearly as good. keep up the good work though.

m1kclark responds:

It is rather odd that you think my "best work on newgrounds" only earns a 6. :-P And the wonder of being a critic (and doling out 6's) is that it is far, far easier to see the flaws in something created, than to create something flawless.

8 8

hmmmmmmmmmmmm

dont see how people can be so critical about my art when they arent as nearly as good.

EnIgMaXXVI responds:

LOL are you seriously trying to say my picture is worse than yours? I drew this in microsoft paint with a MOUSE only. I'm much better with a pencil and paper my friend.

Gorilla Gorilla

CANT REALLY SEE

HOW WELL YOU DID BECAUSE OF THE QUALITY

tallkid47 responds:

Sorry about that, my scanner is horrible.

Chalk Pastel Portrait Chalk Pastel Portrait

why????

why dont you just stick with this kind of art it looks like it works for you other than your others??????????

Castle Drawing Castle Drawing

...................................?

the style does work. and is what the people are looking for and..

but only if you know how too use it.

Tabby wants to be a Charizard! Tabby wants to be a Charizard!

Good....................But

this is probably my favorite piece of art you have.
i might have some helpful advice for you to perfect your drawings.
the grid system is probably the best thing any artist needs if you are trying to draw a portrait.
and a tool to make your shading more legit would be a piece toilet paper to smoothen down the shading trust me it works id like it if you responded so i can see your art in the future thanks =]

Flashmovieboy responds:

Sorry I didn't notice your comment earlier.
I picked up the advice to use toilet paper for blending somewhere on the internets, did my newer Tabby portrait using bit of that, and bit of finger blending since I still have a bit of a problem shading/highlighting smaller details, I think I might be able to aquire special tools to get over with it, btw thankss for the constructive comment :)

Cabin Drawing Cabin Drawing

needs work

in portraits there should never be lines just all shading.
if you want to perfect your shading all you need to remember is,(not to be afraid to but contrast in to the piece of art) you should always start from the darkest shading then go down softer and softer with your strokes. after you have completed the shading you grab a piece of tissue paper and smoothen down your shading. you can see what it does in my art work.

more advice=to improve your proportions i use the grid system to be able to place every little detail that could be seen by the naked eye.

LilioTheOne responds:

I can't say I like that style of drawing as it usually results in a very smudgy looking piece.